SEAS and CCAS partnered in summer 2013 to offer GW students and faculty a Wolfram Mathematica site license. Mathematica is now available for download and installation on both university owned and personal computers.
How to Get Mathematica
Mathematica is already installed in the SEAS labs except for the Tompkins 411 Linux lab. If you need assistance using the software in our labs, please contact GW IT for help.
An activation key is required to install Mathematica. To request an activation key, please follow these steps:
1. Create an account (New users only):
- Go to the Wolfram user portal and click "Create Account"
- Fill out the form using your @gwu.edu email address
- Click "Create Wolfram ID"
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
2. Request and download the key:
- Fill out this form to request an Activation Key
- Click the "Product Summary page" link to access your license
- Click "Get Downloads" and select "Download" next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter the Activation Key at the prompt