Online Master of Science in Engineering Management
Engineering projects involve complex systems and contributions from specialists in a variety of disciplines. It takes expert project management and strategic leadership to keep all stakeholders on schedule and working toward successful outcomes while staying within budget constraints.
Engineering managers make the greatest impact when they understand both technological nuances and team dynamics. The online Master of Science in engineering management program from the George Washington University prepares professionals for the full range of leadership responsibilities in technical organizations. Our courses are taught by faculty with hands-on experience and enriched with unique insights and opportunities from the department’s close ties in Washington, D.C.
To learn more about GW’s online Master of Science in engineering programs and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have any additional questions, please call (877) 221-9868 to speak to an admissions counselor.
Courses for STEM Leaders
The technical skills to build, the business and project management skills to lead.
Read more about curriculum »
In the online M.S. program, students learn top-tier engineering skills as well as effective methods for organizational management. Graduates can go on to succeed in STEM leadership roles in a variety of industries
Earning an engineering management degree online can benefit professionals whether their experience is in technical or business-oriented roles, expanding on their skills and opening new career opportunities. Graduates apply the leadership principles and engineering skills they learn from GW to guide high-tech businesses toward sustainable growth and promote best practices.
Some of the key topics covered in the curriculum include:
- Planning, organizing and supervising projects
- Strategies for improving organizational performance
- Systematic approaches to decision making
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Contracting processes for engineering projects
Visit the M.S. in engineering management curriculum page for detailed information and course descriptions.
Leading Graduate Engineering School
GW holds numerous accolades from U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review and more.
Read more about GW. »
Program Learning Objectives
The objectives of the master’s program in engineering management are to ensure that graduates:
- Work and lead effectively in the business environment by applying engineering management principles in the overall management of organizations oriented to manufacturing, construction, engineering, technology, or production.
- Coordinate critical organizational functions—organizational management and behavior, operations, project management, marketing, cost and quality control, finance, staff, technical requirements, engineering contract management—and supervise technical development while maintaining high performance.
- Prepare to take the exam for certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)®, offered by the Project Management Institute to further establish professional credentials.