Click below if you’re looking for the FAQ pages for GW’s other online master’s engineering programs:
Engineering Management and Systems Engineering
This FAQ page is for the Master of Science in Engineering Management and Master of Science in Systems Engineering programs.
Q: I don’t meet the minimum mathematics requirement or have a degree in a related field. Can I still apply to the program?
Applicants who don’t meet the necessary mathematics requirement can be required to enroll in a 13th course, EMSE 4197 Special Topics: Quantitative Methods in Engineering Management.
Q: What are the upcoming term start dates?
Students can begin the program of study during one of five sessions each year:
- Early January to mid-March (Spring 1)
- Mid-March to late May (Spring 2)
- Mid-June to mid-July (Summer)*
- Mid-August to mid-October (Fall 1)
- Mid-October to late December (Fall 2)
*This is an accelerated, 5-week session.
A summer term is offered for those who must complete the mathematics prerequisite course.
Q: How many courses/credit hours are required to complete the Master of Science degree program?
Q: How many courses can I complete at a time?
Q: Do courses need to be taken in a certain order?
Q: How much time should I expect to spend doing coursework each week?
Q: How quickly do students typically complete the programs?
Q: Can I complete the program part-time?
Q: Will I need to log in at certain times of day? Or a certain number of times each week?
Q: Is there a minimum GPA requirement to complete the program?
Q: How quickly can I expect faculty members to reply to my questions?
Q: What online learning platform do you use?
Q: Who do I contact if I encounter a technical issue?
- Direct questions about GW systems (GWID, Blackboard, email) to email@example.com, and/or submit a tech service request.
- Direct questions about using the examination testing platform Remote Proctor Now to Software Secure at http://clientportal.softwaresecure.com.
- Direct questions about class access (WebEx), Blackboard files (recordings), and exam access to the technician whose contact information is listed on the syllabus for each course.
Q: Do students ever need to come to campus?
Q: What is your leave of absence policy?
To learn more about GW’s online Master of Science in engineering programs and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. If you have any additional questions, please call (877) 221-9868 to speak to an admissions counselor.